Thursday, August 12, 2010

And so it begins...

Here goes nothin'!  I decided it was time to share my baking adventures (cooking too!).  If nothing else, this will be a glossary for my personal use. However, I hope other people will enjoy my recipes as well.  I will be testing out recipes I find in various cookbooks, on the web, and of course from some of my favorite bloggers. I will also share some of my family's recipes that we have been making for years on end.

My love for baking and baked treats started at a young age.  When I was around 3 years old, I would stand on a chair at the kitchen island and "help" my mom,  however "helping" at 3 meant stealing a bar of butter and eating it like a candy bar.   I grew up baking with my mom, and cooking dinner with both my mom and dad.  I was always in the kitchen whenever something was in the oven, and was sure to be the first one to taste test everything.

Now a mid-twenties girl out on my own, I have continued baking and find any reason I can to bake.  I'm sure this space will encourage me to do so even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment